Thursday, September 22, 2022

New crafty stuff

Hi! I just love it when I get new crafty stuff, so I was really happy to get the package from Simon Says Stamp yesterday. I had ordered two embossing folders ...one of leaves and one of pumpkins...a Diamond circle stencil and some white stencil cream( mine had all dried up!). The first thing I opened up was the Leaves embossing folder and I had fun playing with it all afternoon. Of all the things I created this is my favorite:

Here's how it came about...for my first project  I embossed the leaves on white card stock then gave it a light rub  with copper pigment ink. I backed the embossed panel on copper glitter paper and also used the glitter paper to die cut the sentiment

 Here's a closer look :                                                                                                                              


 Nice card ...but then I thought wonder what those leaves would look like colored...


Yep...they look good colored! I love my Copics! Granted it took awhile to color , but that is my idea of a good time! ...so, end of the story is I love this embossing folder. :)

Entering in these challenges:

 four seasons challenge

Fab 'n' Funky Challenges 

moving along with the times 


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you come again soon.

Doni

7 comments:

  1. I love the leaves and I love the vellum. Great textures and colors as well. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Doni ... this is GORGEOUS! Love the first idea too but colored in ... WOW! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. You'll have to do another one using your new embossing folders for our EMBOSSING challenge that has a new challenge starting on Saturday! NICE WORK my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are beautiful- I especially love the coloured one with those wonderful autumnal colours. Thanks for joining in at Fab'n' Funky.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are absolutely beautiful! What a great idea to use markers for coloring over the embossing.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Four Seasons challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Doni,
    these are such wonderful Autumnal creations.
    That embossing folder is fabulous and the coloured one is coloured perfectly too.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering our 'Leaves/Trees' challenge.. your cards are so lovely.
    Hope you will join us next time and good luck!!
    Diane Louise (team leader at Moving Along With the Times Challenge Blog) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY ... congrats for being chosen our TOP WINNER at Four Seasons with this gorgeous Fall card!

    ReplyDelete